Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Home sweet home again! This is Jamesway 4 (J-4), where I live. If you can see the little sign above the door, it says "J-4" in the diamond. Above the diamond it says "Larry" from "Larry, Curly and Moe" from the old days when the Navy was running operations at the South Pole.
Standing under the South Pole Telescope. This is the foundation for the huge telescope. The South Pole Telescope was one of the first projects I worked on installing siding.

The geographical South Pole and the flags that surrounds it.

My Jamesway room after being "teepeed".



The tape measure salute for one of the winterover carpenters leaving. I am the 3rd person standing on the left.






1 comment:

  1. Andrew! These are fabulous photos--made my day! Thanks for sharing the fun details of your life down there! The flag photo is spectacular, and the tape measure salute made my smile.

    ReplyDelete